Monday 18 February 2013

some of the boys

I was out at the land for the last few days. I hang out mostly with the younger boys. They are in between the ages of 8-13. I don't know that any of them know their birth date, so their ages even at best, are sort of a guess. Most of the boys in the younger boys home just came of the streets this fall. Sometimes I forget how short a time that is to adapt to live off the streets, how much trauma they are still dealing with, and how trust really does have to be earned. I forget because in many ways they are like any other boy in the world, full of energy and  quite mischievous. But then, when suddenly  they act out over what seems like nothing, I remember... they have been through a lot....  I will write more about the boys at the land but for now I just want to give you some pictures.
 
 
 
Reagan, Umaru, Junior
 

 Junior


 Peter


Enoch, Junior, and a moth we found
 
 

Fred
 
 
Enoch (we have two Enochs in the home)
 
 
Junior, Enoch, Peter



Bob, Enoch, Enoch, me, Junior
 
 
 
These are the boys that love being in front of the camera. The other ones are a bit more shy. But don't worry eventually you will get to meet them all. There are 14 boys that live in the younger boys home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment