Saturday 6 April 2013

Thank You so so Much

I have learnt from the boys to use the word so. They use it to increase the intensity of what they are saying. And so, I would like to take this moment to say, "thank you all so so so so much!" I know that all of you who are reading this blog are thinking of me and about the street boys of Kampala. That in itself is a huge encouragement to me. Some of you pray for me, pray for the ministry of API, and pray for the kids themselves. Thank you. There is so much brokenness here. Some of you have wrote me encouraging notes while I have been here. Some of you have supported me with money to use during my time in Uganda. Some of you have sent me chocolate and tea! Thank you all so so so much!!!

 
 
 

 Because of the money some of you had given I was able to help in taking a group of 25 boys to the beach. This beach was in Entebbe on lake Victoria. We all squished into two taxis and drove the hour (or so!) to Entebbe. Before we left the boys were given new shorts and T-shirts. We also bought them snacks and supper. They were so excited! It was a beautiful day. There were big waves on the lake because there was a bit of a wind. At first I was a little worried that someone would disappear in the waves. The boys can't swim very well! And so I spent a lot of the day out in the waves bobbing with them, counting heads. They loved the water so much.

 
There were a couple of old planes at the beach. Some of the boys had a great time exploring them.



These boys are like any other boys. They love understanding how things work. And somehow like my own brothers they like to correct me if they think I am wrong. "Auntie Rachel. I think this air plane carried things, not people." Okay boys, you are probably correct...
 
 
Another thing that has been able to happen is that my bother Tim has been able to join me here in Uganda for the next three weeks. He arrived late Monday night and we wasted no time introducing him to the kids as we all went to the beach the next morning. Tim is going to be working on a documentary style video about street kids in Uganda. I am very excited about this. API has so many connections. We are going to start filming next week.  These boy's stories need to be told. 


 

 
I wanted to give you a glimpse through my words and pictures of what you have been a part of. I really feel like if it was not for you all I would not be here, or at least not in the same capacity. I would not be able to bless the boys like I can. I really need God's love to be able to love these boys in all their brokenness. Thank you for your prayers for me. Those of you who do pray please continue to pray that I would have wisdom in how to love these boys, that I would have integrity, and that I would keep learning.  

You are all a bessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment